When a food safety battle is won, how do you know? What information, data or reality confirms this for you?
Have you measured the success rates before and after?
- Consistently high external audit scores in 5 or more years
- A decreasing number of food safety or quality incidents due to employee negligence or disregard
- A steady reduction in failure incidents
- A steady reduction in the number of customer complaints
- Zero customer complaints in 2 or more years (not the "zero" from not diligently checking and tracking complaints and their causes)
- A steady increase in positive consumer feedback
- A decreasing cost of system management
- A steady increase in system management work-load efficiency
- A decreasing need for enforced motivation by outside parties
- No market recalls
You can start by reading: "Adopting the GCSE-Food & Health Protection SSQA"